Health is wealth so goes a saying. The plan of God for mankind according to 3 John 2 is that we all will be in sound health but once in a while we do have little ailment in our bodies. At other times, some other peoples’ ailment takes some time to be cured, so they have to be hospitalized and pay heavy bills. Some of these people do not even have money to pay their bills. Some of them have no money to eat good food, while some have their relatives’ runaway because they do not have means of settling the bills. The problems encountered are multi-various and multi-dimensional. What then is the role of the church?
- Pray well before you ever begin this ministry
- Visit the sick in their homes as well as the hospitals
- Sit with them a while, and watch things around them to know where to help
- Pray with the sick after asking for how they are feeling.
- Report critical cases to the Social welfare of the hospital
- Inform the hospital authority of whatever kind of help you bring before distribution
- Pray for all the sick in the hospital according to the directives of the authority.
- For those who cannot afford their bills any assistance to be rendered must be consulted with the authority.
- There might be some cases that need spiritual assistance in addition to their medication, report such to your pastor and social ministries director of your church
- After each visit to the hospital, go back to pray in the church.