Ministry to the Addicts
All over the world today, there are touts, area boys, children roaming about the streets aimlessly with no destination. There are traffickers, drug addicts, prostitutes, cultists, alcoholics and other social vices.
- Though our own children are taught of the Lord, if we fail to minister tothese ones (addicts), they may never allow us to enjoy our children. We must yield to the call and send the light to them.
- Pray well before launching into this ministry
- Go in groups to their joints – under the bridges, mechanic workshops, bar joints, etc
- Familiarize with them. That is, establish relationship until they have confidence in you they will not open up. It is very important that you know what led them to that crisis.
- Show them the gospel and gradually lead them to Christ.
- It will take some time
- Some need to be taking for medication
Involve the Counselling group of your church as well as the medical team.