Rev. Dr. D. O. E. Madoghwe
- Profile of the Vice President – Ministerial
Name: Revd Dickson Ovuerhiroe Ebireri Madoghwe, PhD Date of Birth: 5th May, 1963 Home Town: Umiaghwa-Okpe, Okpe Local Government Area, Delta State Spouse: Pastor Loveth Oghenefega Madoghwe Children: Asuejiro, Salvation, Urinrin, Barnabas, Obruche and Oyoma
Schools Attended with Qualifications:
- Okorodudu Primary School Oviri-Okpe-FSLC
- Owhere Grammar School Okpara Water side – WASC
- Baptist Bible College, Eku – Certificate in Theology
- Nigerian Baptist Theological Seminary, Ogbomoso – B. Th, M.Th, PhD
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Oviorie-Ovu, Delta State – 1988 – Jan. 1993
- Ufuoma Baptist Church, Effurun – 1993 -May 2014
- Vice President-Ministerial, NBC – June 2014 – Date
- Staff of the Office of the Vice President – Ministerial
- The Ministerial Officer – Rev Gbemileke Tanimola-He is in charge of Pastors records. He also process Pastor’s applications for ordination. He coordinate the production of identity cards for pastors. He also prepares the list of Pastors assigned to preach during the annual session of the Nigerian Baptist Convention. He represents the Vice President-Ministerial in some occasions as the need arises. He equally monitor and coordinate the activities of the Baptist Building chapel
- The Secretary – Mrs Mary Oladejo – She prepares all office documents and correspondences. She arrange for Ministerial Board meetings and committees. She also takes minutes of meetings. She is also involved in processing Pastors ordination, and other administrative concerns of the office. While on maternity leave, she is being relieved by Mrs Elizabeth Boboye, a Principal Confidential Secretary to the Youth and Students department
- The Driver – Mr Olusola Michael Ojebiyi – One of the most experienced drivers of the Nigerian Baptist Convention, is attached to the Vice President-Ministerial
- Duties of the Vice President-Ministerial
- Supervisory role – The Vice President-Ministerial supervises the work of four Directors namely, Youth and Students Ministry, Christian Education, Social Ministry and Global Mission
- Board membership – He serves in the Ministerial board, Ministerial Training Board, Christian Education Advisory Board, Youth and Students Advisory Board, Global Mission Board, Social Ministry Advisory Board and Governing Boards of three Theological Institutions.
- Consultant to the Pastors of the Convention – He works with the Leadership of the Pastors fellowship of the Nigerian Baptist Convention at the Pastors representative council, and respond to Pastors at all levels, helping to clarify issues.
- Conflict resolution in churches – He is directly involved in conflict management in churches, as reported to the Nigerian Baptist Convention.
- Anchoring the Ministerial Board – The Board is saddled with the responsibility of upholding the policies and practices of the Nigerian Baptist Convention. The office of the Vice President-Ministerial anchors the Board’s meetings and execute her decisions.
- Responding to doctrinal and policy issues – From day to day, members of the Nigerian Baptist Convention family seek clarifications on doctrinal beliefs and practices of the Convention, the Vice President-Ministerial respond to them.
- Supporting the President – The Vice President handles various assignments on behalf of the Convention President from time to time.
- Promotion of the Cooperative programme of the Nigerian Baptist Convention – The Vice President-Ministerial is building bridges among members of the Nigerian Baptist Convention family, promoting unity and cooperation.
- Recent project of the office – The office has produced a book on the call system of the Nigerian Baptist Convention. It is meant to enlighten the Baptist family to know how to engage or disengage a Pastor. It was done in response to several questions bordering on the call system.
The next project is on a clear understanding of a local church autonomy. It is meant to educate the Baptist family on the appropriate understanding of local church autonomy in relation to the denominational cooperative program.